1/4 lb. sliced roasted turkey breast
1/8 lb. sliced ham
1/8 lb. sliced hot ham or capicolla
1/8 lb. sliced provolone cheese
1/8 lb. sliced salami or pepperoni
1/4 cup pizza sauce
hot banana pepper rings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice loaf of bread lengthwise, so that it looks like a huge sandwich bun when sliced.
3. Brush or spritz both cut sides with olive oil.
4. Layer meats, cheese and pizza sauce:
- turkey breast
- hot ham
- pizza sauce (brushed evenly over layer of cheese - use more if desired)
- banana pepper rings (quantity to taste)
- salami or pepperoni
6. Put top crust in place and press firmly to "pack" sandwich.
7. Wrap entire sandwich in aluminum foil and place on cookie sheet, then put in oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and contents of sandwich is heated through.
8. Remove from foil and slice into individual portions - we usually slice into 8 portions.
Products we used:
We purchased the bread and all of the meats from McGinnis Sisters. We used "hot ham" this time instead of capicolla, very thinly sliced hard salami, and purchased their own fresh Slow Roasted Turkey Breast and Smokehouse Ham. We used Mancini's Twist Bread as the base; normally we use Giant Eagle's Tuscany Bread. We also used Mid's pizza sauce (one of our favorites) and Mt. Olive banana pepper rings.