Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Amy's Organic Spinach Pizza

I expected to enjoy Amy's Organic Spinach Pizza and I was not disappointed!

I tried the personal, or single serve, size and at about 6" in diameter, it was just the right size for a hearty lunch on a cold, rainy day.  The package states that "The light, tender crust made from organic wheat flour and extra virgin olive oil is first topped with ... savory Italian sauce made from organic tomatoes."  They then top it with a mixture of organic spinach blended with feta, with a sprinkle of mozzarella on top.

I followed the package directions for baking in a conventional oven, and baked the pizza at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.  The crust was crisp and flavorful, and the filling had a nice spinach flavor.  I've often eaten Amy's spinach pockets and expected it to be the same, but in a pizza format, but it wasn't - the spinach flavor was milder when complemented by the tomatoes and the mixture of feta and mozzarella cheeses was perfect. 

I think that this was my favorite frozen pizza yet - Amy's makes quite a few varieties and I can't wait to try more.

No comments:

Post a Comment